- fresh delicate salad greens, washed, dried, and torn into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- dash of balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of sugar
- a small ball of fresh goat cheese, or other great quality French cheese
- pinch of herbes de Provence
- also toss in dried cranberries, salted soy nuts, sliced dried dates,
fresh sliced strawberries etc
Place salad greens in a bowl. Chill. In a small measuring cup, whisk
together the oil, vinegars, salt, and sugar. Drizzle over the greens and
arrange the greens on individual salad plates.
If desired, serve with a
small piece of cheese on the side of the salad, sprinkled with the
herbs. Sometimes the goat cheeses are warmed slightly. It's nice!