- 1/2 cup black oil-cured olives, pitted or not
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- pinches of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons best extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 sweet oranges
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Pit each olive and toss with the zest, red pepper flakes, and olive oil
and let stand. Peel oranges and remove all white membrane. Thinly slice.
Arrange, overlapping, on a flat serving dish. Sprinkle the onion with
the salt and let stand for a few minutes. Rub the salt into the onions,
rinse and press out the water. Spread the onion rings over the oranges,
then the olive marinade. Serve.