- juice of a lime
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon reserved citrus mixture
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a tube
pan with oil.
etrog peel and then juice the
lime, lemon and whatever juice you can
squeeze from the etrog. (strain to remove
membranes and seeds).
Reserve 1 tablespoon for the glaze.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Cream
margarine with sugar. Add citrus mixture and
Add eggs and beat well. Alternate, adding
half of flour mixture with half of orange
juice, beating well after each addition.
Place batter in pan and bake about 45
minutes or tested done.
Blend together remaining tablespoon of
citrus mixture, confectioner's sugar,
tablespoon of orange juice and 1 teaspoon
Remove cake from pan and drizzle glaze over
Etrog / Esrog